XUR is a critical part of hit video game Destiny 2 due to his timely ability to arrive each week loaded with new items.
If you have been storing up your Legendary Shards then you need to locate Xur each week and trade them for the latest goods and wares the Agent Of The Nine is selling. Here’s the latest…
Where will Xur appear this weekend and what is he selling?
Xur appears every week in a different location and sells a variety of wares – his location is revealed at 6pm (GMT) every Friday.
He is exceptionally elusive and only appears on the weekends, which means that he can be quite tricky to track down.
This week, Xur can be found near Winding Cove as a Marked Vendor on the map. He is selling the following:
- Prometheus Lens – Energy Weapon Trace Rifle – 29 Legendary Shards
- Knucklehead Radar – Hunter Helmet – 23 Legendary Shards
- Ashen Wake – Titan Gauntlets – 23 Legendary Shards
- Vesper of Radius – Warlock Helmet – 23 Legendary Shards
Last week Xur was on the Rig on Titan and selling:
- Riskrunner (Exotic Submachine Gun)
- Ophidia Spathe (Exotic Hunter Chest Armour)
- Mk.44 Stand Asides (Exotic Titan Leg Armour)
- Eye of Another World (Exotic Warlock Helmet)
Is there a free trial for Destiny 2?
If you’re brand new to Destiny 2 you can play a free trial on either PS4, Xbox One or PC.
In this trial you can play the campaign on your own or with your friends who already own the game as well as enter the multiplayer arena.
Any progress you make in the trial you will be able to carry over when you purchase the full game.
The full components of the trial are:
- Campaign Mission on EDZ & Titan
- Adventure and Explore two full worlds
- PvP Multiplayer: Crucible Quickplay Playlist
- Character Progression: to Level 7
- Gameplay carries over to full game with purchase
- Clan functionality
THE TRUTH’S OUT THERE
Planet Nine could exist… but be invisible to telescopes
Fortnite fan in your life? Here are the BEST gifts to buy before Christmas
AN APPLE A DAY
Here’s why your iPhone is a much better buy than Android phones
THROUGH THE RIFTS
Fortnite Rift locations map – where to find them for the Week 8 challenge
FOLD ON A MINUTE
Samsung’s wacky folding phone tipped to have FOUR cameras on the back
What’s the difference between Xur in Destiny 2 and the first game?
In the original Destiny you had to save up Strange Coins in order to purchase any of Xur’s wares.
Happily, this system remains almost the same with the sole change that you’ll be collecting Legendary Shards instead of Strange Coins.
In Destiny you could earn Strange Coins by completing special events and activities like Raids and by dismantling any Exotic weapons and armour pieces that you’ve collected and don’t need any more.
This process remains the same – take part in Raid and Nightfall Strikes in Destiny 2 to gain Legendary Shards.
Worth noting is that Xur is no longer refined to social spaces but can show up in ever more curious spots including planets in Patrol zones.